Public Notice: Town of Smiths Falls seeks contract event coordinator
March 15, 2021
The Town of Smiths Falls
Requires One (1) Contract
28 hours/week (April 15th, 2021 to September 15th, 2021)
The Town of Smiths Falls is a vibrant, progressive single tier municipality with a population of 9,000. One of Eastern Ontario’s most scenic communities, we are centrally located within an hour of Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and the US border.
The Town provides a high quality and affordable life for its residents, with beautiful heritage buildings, two theatres, a charming downtown, and world-class museums and recreational facilities. Enjoy our thriving cultural scene with live music, foodie finds, a local brewery, and dozens of community events – all at the heart of the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage site and a gateway to the region’s abundant lakes and waterways.
The Town is accepting applications for one (1) contract (28 hours/week for 5 months) Event Coordinator. Under the direction of the Manager, Economic Development & Tourism, you will form part of a team in our Economic Development Department.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for:
- Meet with volunteer boards and committees, develop key relationships and provide assistance on behalf of the department
- Event planning; including critical path creation and execution, budget oversight, volunteer management, communications and marketing, administration, and partner relations.
- Developing communications, social media and promotional material for publication, in partnership with Economic Development & Tourism team
- Assist the Economic Development & Tourism team in implementing strategic priorities as set out by Town of Smiths Falls Council
- Provide administrative support for event and tourism related committees as required, including preparing agendas, recording minutes, and acting as a liaison between the committees, staff, and the community as appropriate.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Completion of, or working towards, a post-secondary education in Event Management or similar experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by April 1st, 2021, at 4:00 p.m., to Brenda Martineau, Human Resources Advisor, Town of Smiths Falls, P.O. Box 695, 77 Beckwith Street North, Smiths Falls, Ontario, K7A 4T6 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Smiths Falls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring all candidates are able to participate in the interview process fully and equally. If contacted for employment, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Clerk at the address indicated above.