Public Notice: Smiths Falls seeks one full-time Community Services Office Clerk
The Town of Smiths Falls
Requires One (1) Full-Time
Community Services Office Clerk
The Town of Smiths Falls is a vibrant, progressive single tier municipality with a population of 9,000. One of Eastern Ontario’s most scenic communities, we are centrally located within an hour of Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and the US border.
The Town provides a high quality and affordable life for its residents, with beautiful heritage buildings, two theatres, a charming downtown, and world-class museums and recreational facilities. Enjoy our thriving cultural scene with live music, foodie finds, a local brewery, and dozens of community events – all at the heart of the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage site and a gateway to the region’s abundant lakes and waterways.
The Town is accepting applications for one (1) full time Community Services Office Clerk. Under the direction of the Director, you will form part of a team in our Community Services Department.
Duties of the Community Services Office Clerk include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support working with the Director of Community Services, Administrative Coordinator and Operations Supervisor for provision of services to enhance quality of life.
- Assist with Town Wide/Community special events, as required
- Coordinates Parks and Recreation Purchase Order System
- Administers Parks and Recreation Work Order System
- Initiate and maintains Service Contracts
- Coordinates Parks and Recreation Asset Management System
- Create flyers, correspondence, reports as needed
- Provide frontline customer service and support services for the Community Services Department
- Responsible for providing website content updates, to Communications Coordinator, for posting.
- Provide online booking/scheduling support of Town Recreations assets to users.
- Answer incoming calls, emails, in person requests regarding problems, support, services and public inquires.
- Schedule ice bookings, field usage, hall rentals and park rentals, using the Town booking system.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Recreation Facilities Management course or equivalent education or experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ municipal experience in an administrative role would be considered an asset.
- Experience in parks and recreation would be considered an asset
- Valid drivers’ licence
- Ability to work flexible hours (weekends and nights), if needed
The Town of Smiths Falls has a COVID Vaccination policy and requires all staff to be fully vaccinated.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by Wednesday April 20, 2022 at 4:00 p.m., to Lynda McKimm, Human Resources Advisor, Town of Smiths Falls, P.O. Box 695, 77 Beckwith Street North, Smiths Falls, Ontario, K7A 4T6 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Smiths Falls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring all candidates are able to participate in the interview process fully and equally. If contacted for employment, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Clerk at the address indicated above.