Public Notice: Smiths Falls seeks Information Technology Coordinator
The Town of Smiths Falls
Requires One (1) Full-Time
The Town of Smiths Falls is a vibrant, progressive single tier municipality with a population of 9,000. One of Eastern Ontario’s most scenic communities, we are centrally located within an hour of Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and the US border.
The Town provides a high quality and affordable life for its residents, with beautiful heritage buildings, two theatres, a charming downtown, and world-class museums and recreational facilities. Enjoy our thriving cultural scene with live music, foodie finds, a local brewery, and dozens of community events – all at the heart of the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage site and a gateway to the region’s abundant lakes and waterways.
The Town is accepting applications for one (1) full time Information Technology Coordinator
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the research, development, procurement, implementation and maintenance of the hardware/software systems of the municipality.
- Ensures all systems are running smoothly and effectively.
- Troubleshooting and providing technical support for municipal staff.
- Responsible for LAN administration, including the development and maintenance of the Local Area Network and remote access and remote LAN connections. Maintain and configure Firewall/Routing equipment.
- Experience using Cloud based applications.
- Assessing the Municipality’s I.T. infrastructure and identify gaps that need to be addressed.
- Responsible for the research, development, and maintenance of security provisions for the Network including virus protection, cyber security and intrusion detection systems (ensuring security and privacy measures are in place).
- Research and develop Standards Operating Procedures and Back Up Procedures for all I.T. functions and oversee implementation
- Liaise and coordinate with the Town’s Financial software provider for support calls and any in-house work
- Maintain and configure telecommunication systems within the Municipality.
- Provide on-going support in the operation of the SCADA systems for our Water Treatment and Water Pollution Control Facilities.
- Provide support to Fire Department staff in the operation and maintenance of the CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system.
- Provide support in the maintenance and regular use of the Bell 911 PSAP Telephone system.
- Provide support in the maintenance and regular use of the Emergency Services Radio Communications System.
- Provides I.T. support and maintenance to the Smiths Falls Fire Service staff as well as their Dispatch Centre and all the Dispatch and Radio Infrastructure.
- Provide afterhours support to both Municipal and Emergency Services as required.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Minimum Education: Diploma in Computer Science from a recognized Community College.
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Extensive knowledge of LAN administration, installation and troubleshooting covering Windows 10 (or most current version)
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft family of products
- A+ Certification recommended
- Network+ Certification recommended
- Profound experience in network management and help desk support
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination abilities with close attention to detail
- Ability to pass security clearance check.
- Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by Friday, September 24th, 2021, at 12:00 p.m., to Lynda McKimm, Human Resources, Town of Smiths Falls, P.O. Box 695, 77 Beckwith Street North, Smiths Falls, Ontario, K7A 4T6 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Smiths Falls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring all candidates are able to participate in the interview process fully and equally. If contacted for employment, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Clerk at the address indicated above.