Public Notice: Smiths Falls seeks full time Information Technology Services Technician
The Town of Smiths Falls
Requires One (1) Full-Time
Information Technology Services Technician
The Town of Smiths Falls is a vibrant, progressive single tier municipality with a population of 9,000. One of Eastern Ontario’s most scenic communities, we are centrally located within an hour of Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and the US border. The Town provides a high quality and affordable life for its residents, with beautiful heritage buildings, two theatres, a charming downtown, and world-class museums and recreational facilities. Enjoy our thriving cultural scene with live music, foodie finds, a local brewery, and dozens of community events – all at the heart of the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage site and a gateway to the region’s abundant lakes and waterways.
The Town is accepting applications for one (1) full time Information Technology Coordinator
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Ensures all end-user systems, such as notebooks and desktops, are running smoothly and effectively.
- Troubleshooting and providing personal (one-on-one) technical support for municipal staff either remotely or on-site
- Responsible for working with designated network and system operations to provide “smart” eyes and hands for troubling issues
- Work with 3rd party cloud-based vendors to assist with end-user, software related issues.
- Assessing the Municipality’s end user technology to identify gaps that need to be addressed.
- Provide “smart” eyes and hands to help respond to security threats and risk, as required by the network/system administrator
- Assist with monitoring and installing necessary updates to the municipal I.T. infrastructure, as directed by the network/system administrator.
- Provide information technology training assistance in the development of the employees of the Municipality.
- Liaise with suppliers and contracted support maintenance staff.
- Assist the contracted support personnel associated with the Municipalities hardware/software maintenance contracts.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Town’s Financial software provider for support calls and any in-house work
- Provide research and advice on purchases related to end-user devices (such as notebooks) for other departments when preparing annual budgets.
- Maintain and configure telecommunication systems within the Municipality.
- Website updating and coordination with website developer.
- Provide support to Fire Department staff in the operation and maintenance of the CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system.
- Provide support in the maintenance and regular use of the Bell 911 PSAP Telephone system.
- Provide support in the maintenance and regular use of the Emergency Services Radio Communications System.
- Deploys, implements the setup of I.T. Equipment (i.e. municipal telephone systems, photocopiers/fax machines, cell phones, computers, etc.)
- Provides I.T. support and maintenance to the Smiths Falls Fire Service staff as well as their Dispatch Centre and all the Dispatch and Radio Infrastructure.
- Provide backup IT support to Smiths Falls Police Service as required.
- Provide afterhours support to both Municipal and Emergency Services as required.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Minimum Education: Diploma in Computer Science from a recognized Community College.
- 2 – 3 years related experience
- Knowledge of Installation and Troubleshooting Covering Windows 10 (or most current version)
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft family of products
- A+ Certification recommended
- Profound experience in network management and help desk support
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination abilities with close attention to detail
- Ability to pass security clearance check.
- Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
The Town of Smiths Falls has a mandatory vaccination policy and all staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by Thursday, March 10, 2022, at 12:00 p.m., to Lynda McKimm, Human Resources, Town of Smiths Falls, P.O. Box 695, 77 Beckwith Street North, Smiths Falls, Ontario, K7A 4T6 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Smiths Falls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring all candidates are able to participate in the interview process fully and equally. If contacted for employment, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Clerk at the address indicated above.