Public Notice: Smiths Falls seeks Corporate Services Office Clerk
The Town of Smiths Falls
Requires One (1) Full-Time
Corporate Services Office Clerk
The Town of Smiths Falls is a vibrant, progressive single tier municipality with a population of 9,000. One of Eastern Ontario’s most scenic communities, we are centrally located within an hour of Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and the US border.
The Town provides a high quality and affordable life for its residents, with beautiful heritage buildings, two theatres, a charming downtown, and world-class museums and recreational facilities. Enjoy our thriving cultural scene with live music, foodie finds, a local brewery, and dozens of community events – all at the heart of the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage site and a gateway to the region’s abundant lakes and waterways.
The Town is accepting applications for one (1) full time Corporate Services Office Clerk. Under the direction of the Director, you will form part of a team in our Corporate Services Department.
Duties of the Corporate Services Office Clerk include, but are not limited to:
- Primarily provide administrative assistance to the Chief Administrative Officer and Director of Corporate Services/Clerk
- Provide reception coverage as required (telephone and counter inquiries/payments)
- Administer business, lottery and marriage
- Support in the day to day activities/functions within the Corporate Services
- Administrative support to the fire
The successful applicant will possess:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Office Administration, Accounting or related discipline; i.e. finance, business administration or public administration
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in an administrative setting
- Thorough knowledge of municipal operations
The Town of Smiths Falls has a COVID Vaccination policy and requires all staff to be fully vaccinated.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by Friday March 4, 2022 at 4:00 p.m., to Lynda McKimm, Human Resources Advisor, Town of Smiths Falls, P.O. Box 695, 77 Beckwith Street North, Smiths Falls, Ontario, K7A 4T6 or via email at email@example.com
The Town of Smiths Falls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring all candidates are able to participate in the interview process fully and equally. If contacted for employment, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Clerk at the address indicated above.