Public Notice: Smiths Falls seeks communications and marketing coordinator
The Town of Smiths Falls
Requires One (1) Full Time Communications and Marketing Coordinator
The Town of Smiths Falls is a vibrant, progressive single tier municipality with a population of 9,000. One of Eastern Ontario’s most scenic communities, we are centrally located within an hour of Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and the US border.
The Town provides a high quality and affordable life for its residents, with beautiful heritage buildings, two theatres, a charming downtown, and world-class museums and recreational facilities. Enjoy our thriving cultural scene with live music, foodie finds, a local brewery, and dozens of community events – all at the heart of the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage site and a gateway to the region’s abundant lakes and waterways.
The Town is accepting applications for one (1) Full Time Communications and Marketing Coordinator. Under the direction of the Manager of Economic Development and Tourism
- Coordinate the corporate wide implementation of the communications and marketing
- Prepare, coordination and deploy all written and digital corporate communications materials including council briefs, templates, press releases, newspaper updates, Q&A and media standby statements on issues required.
- Prepare and coordinate digital and graphic design content, for the Town’s website,
- Create and/or coordinate development of all promotional and marketing materials including social media and online other presence
- Ensure all communications and marketing materials meet the Town’s brand identity
- Manage the Town’s website and other public engagement tools
- Assist in coordinating all public engagement events
- Identify and resolve any issues with promotional content in a timely and professional
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication and marketing strategies and track success of media
- Analyze, track and report on media trends related to municipal operations and impact of corporate marketing and communication
- Assist departments on communication best practises to ensure that all interactions (internal and external) are accessible, inclusive, timely, transparent and effective
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as
The successful applicant will possess:
- Post-Secondary education in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and/or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a marketing or communications
- Knowledge of the municipal communication, theory, methods, techniques and practices an asset
- Strong research, editorial, copywriting and proof-reading skills; excellent attention to detail; ability to check documents for accuracy and communicate detailed changes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, combined with interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and proven ability to create and manage social marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is an asset
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, with the ability to balance diverse, changing and conflicting priorities under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer and application skills and knowledge in social media platforms, Microsoft, design programs such as Adobe Design Suites, WordPress and media ad design specifications is required
- Ability to think and act strategically in a political and community service environment, and to foster and contribute to a positive and productive environment.
The Town of Smiths Falls has a COVID Vaccination policy and requires all staff to be fully vaccinated.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by Friday March 4, 2022, at 4:00 p.m., to Lynda McKimm, Human Resources Advisor, Town of Smiths Falls, P.O. Box 695, 77 Beckwith Street North, Smiths Falls, Ontario, K7A 4T6 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Smiths Falls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring all candidates are able to participate in the interview process fully and equally. If contacted for employment, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Clerk at the address indicated above.