Public Notice: Smiths Falls seek two part-time Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
The Town of Smiths Falls
Requires Two (2) Part-Time
Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
($18.00 – $18.50/hour @ 40 hours per week)
The Town of Smiths Falls is a vibrant, progressive single tier municipality with a population of 9,000. One of Eastern Ontario’s most scenic communities, we are centrally located within an hour of Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and the US border.
The Town provides a high quality and affordable life for its residents, with beautiful heritage buildings, two theatres, a charming downtown, and world-class museums and recreational facilities. Enjoy our thriving cultural scene with live music, foodie finds, a local brewery, and dozens of community events – all at the heart of the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage site and a gateway to the region’s abundant lakes and waterways.
The Town is accepting applications for two (2) part-time Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators (for the period of June, July and August)
Under the direction of the Manager of Water & Wastewater Treatment, you will form part of a team that operates and maintains Class IV Water and Wastewater Treatment Facilities.
The Town of Smiths Falls has a COVID Vaccination policy and requires all staff to be fully vaccinated.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Completion of or currently enrolled in the study for a College diploma from a two (2) year program in Civil or Environmental studies.
- Possess valid Operator Certificate(s) for Water and Wastewater Treatment OIT (Operator-In-Training) or higher
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) along with demonstrated experience with SCADA and other relevant software programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of key legislation including the Environmental Protection Act, Clean Water Act, Ontario Water Resources Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Federal Water System Effluent Regulations and other related legislation.
- Must have knowledge and familiarity with mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics applications relating to water and wastewater treatment. Ability to interpret manuals and other resources relating to water and wastewater treatment operations.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G).
- Inside and outside work in all seasons, overtime/weekend work may be required
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by Tuesday May 10th, 2022, at 4:00 p.m., to Lynda McKimm, Human Resources Advisor, Town of Smiths Falls, P.O. Box 695, 77 Beckwith Street North, Smiths Falls, Ontario, K7A 4T6 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Smiths Falls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring all candidates are able to participate in the interview process fully and equally. If contacted for employment, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Clerk at the address indicated above.