Public Notice: Household Hazardous Waste centre reopens Aug. 1
July 21, 2020
The Household Hazardous Waste Depot in Carleton Place at 128 Patterson Cr. will be reopening Aug. 1, 2020. The centre will run Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon from Aug. 1 until Sept. 19, 2020.
Waste items must be identifiable, in a sealed container and delivered in a cardboard box.
Users of the centre must wear a mask and be prepared to show identification to identify their home address. Please note no tipping fees apply. Please click here or refer to the graphic below for a full list about what is accepted at the depot.
There are a few new requirements when using the depot.
- Residents are asked to have their waste items in cardboard boxes, or other containers that they do not want returned. Bins and containers will not be returned, this includes waste oil containers.
- Residents are asked to have their waste ready in the rear of their vehicle, clearly identified, so that staff can easily collect the items while maintaining separation from residents.
- Residents are asked to wear a mask as they approach the depot and especially while communicating with staff through their window.
- Proof of residency is required! The Household Hazardous Waste facility is limited to residents of Carleton Place, Mississippi Mills, Beckwith, Drummond/North Elmsley, Montague, Smiths Falls, and Perth only. (I like to include this as posts can travel on social media)
- We are asking everyone to be patient with HHW staff as we are anticipating a large volume of vehicles during the initial weeks that the facility will be open.