2022 MUNICIPAL ELECTION
UNOFFICIAL LIST OF NOMINEES
Updated Monday May 16, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
Lynda Mae Bradford
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RUNNING AS A SCHOOL BOARD TRUSTEE?ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RUNNING FOR MUNICIPAL OFFICE?
2022 MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS
Nominations for the positions listed below must be made on the prescribed form available below.
Nomination forms must be filed, with the prescribed declaration by at least 25 persons, either in person or by your agent, with the Returning Officer during that office’s normal office hours between May 2, 2022 to Thursday to August 18, 2022, and between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Friday, August 19, 2022 (Nomination Day).
The required filing fee for the Head of Council is $200.00 and all other offices are $100.00 (cash, debit, certified cheque or money order made payable to the Town of Smiths Falls) must accompany the signed form.
The term of office is 4 years, beginning November 15, 2022 to November 14, 2026.
Offices for which persons may be nominated are as follows:
- Mayor – 1 to be elected
- Councillor – 6 to be elected
School Board Trustees:
- Upper Canada District School Board (English Public) – 1 to be elected by public school electors
- Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario (English Separate) – 1 to be elected by separate school electors
- Conseil des Écoles Publique de l’est de L’Ontario (French Public) – 1 to be elected by French language public school electors
- Conseil des Écoles Catholiques du Centre-Est (French Separate) – 1 to be elected by French language separate school electors
- Candidates Intro Letter
- Nomination Form
- Endorsement of Nomination
- Declaration of Identity
- Consent to Release Personal Info
- ID Requirements
The following documents may be useful in navigating the election nomination process:
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Candidates Guide
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Guide to Municipal Elections
- Municipal Act
- Municipal Elections Act
- Method of Voting By-law
- AMCTO Elections Calendar 2021-2023
- Elections Related Resource Policy
- Lanark County Notice of Nominations
- Code of Conduct
- Municipal Election Accessibility Plan
You must make an appointment to file your nomination papers.
Nadine Bennett, Deputy Clerk
613.283.4124 Ext. 1130